Positions Available. Accepting Applications now.
Interesting, fast-paced work for a national accrediting agency (ACCET) in a small, supportive working environment, with full benefits. Assist in the accreditation of higher education institutions. Primary responsibilities involve: (1) virtual and on-site team evaluation visits (travel required); (2) ACCET Commission Meetings, (3) Accreditation Workshops, (4) assigned portfolios, and (5) assist ACCET membership through the accreditation process
Virtual and On-Site Team Evaluation Visits:
• Organize, facilitate, and participate in team evaluation visits to institutions seeking accreditation. Significant travel required for on-site visits (approx. 25% - 35% of time).
• Schedule, arrange travel/accommodations, and assist the teams of volunteer evaluators (on-site and virtual).
• Draft, consolidate, and edit team visit reports for review by the ACCET Commission.
ACCET Commission Meetings:
• Prepare documentation and resources for review at ACCET Commission meetings.
• Support Commissioners during meetings.
• Prepare draft correspondence regarding the Commission’s accreditation decisions.
Workshops, Trainings, and Conferences:
• Present at workshops, trainings, and other events for membership institutions and staff.
• Review ACCET standards, policies, and expectations with institutions through interactive events.
• Participate in assigned committees and projects. Review applications and documents related to assigned portfolios.
• Provide assistance to applicants and members on matters related to ACCET standards and policies.
• Bachelor’s degree and work experience in postsecondary education.
• Experience or degree in higher education, curriculum development, interactive distance learning, or compliance preferred.
• Excellent writing skills and attention to detail required to: (1) review documents for compliance with ACCET standards, (2) write team visit reports, (3) compile information from evaluation visits, and (4) draft letters detailing Commission decisions.
• Excellent organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills, as well as reliability, diplomacy, and enthusiasm.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365
• Valid driver’s license and ability to transport teams in rental cars.
• Ability to self-motivate and multi-task while working on various projects
• Washington, DC (hybrid) or Remote Position
• Significant Work-related Travel required (approximately 25-35% of time)
Salary & Benefits
Classification: Full-Time Position
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000 based on experience.
Benefits: Medical, dental, and life insurance; retirement plan, work from home stipend.
How to Apply
Please complete the online application form and attach a cover letter and your resume.
Link to Online Job Application Form
Download Job Description
Click here to download the Job Description