Commission Representative (Part Time/Seasonal)
Positions Available. Accepting Applications now.
The Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training(ACCET) is a non-profit, national accrediting agency founded in 1974 and recognized by the US Department of Education for the purposes of improving education and training at private postsecondary institutions. ACCET is seeking qualified candidates who have the knowledge, skills, and capabilities needed forpart-time, seasonal work as part of the evaluation of higher education institutions in the accreditation process.
ACCET has a diverse institutional membership, including: Intensive English Programs (IEPs), Postsecondary Career/Vocational Colleges, Trade and Professional Associations, Corporate Training Departments, Religious and Ethical Societies, Public Affairs and Cultural Societies, Social Science, Volunteer, and Personal/Professional Development Organizations.
Virtual and On-Site Team Evaluation Visits:
• Virtual and On-Site Team Evaluation Visits
• Organize, facilitate, and participate in team evaluation visits to institutions seeking accreditation.
• Significant travel required for on-site visits (approx. 25% -35% of time).
• Schedule, arrange travel/accommodations, and assist the teams of volunteer evaluators (on-site and virtual).
• Draft, consolidate, and edit team visit reports for review by the ACCET Commission.
• Bachelor’s degree and work experience in postsecondary education. Experience or degree in higher education, curriculum development, interactive distance learning, or compliance preferred.
• Excellent writing skills and attention to detail required to: (1) review documents for compliance with ACCET standards, (2) write team visit reports, (3) compile information from evaluation visits, and (4) draft letters detailing Commission decisions.
• Excellent organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills, as well as reliability, diplomacy, and enthusiasm.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365
• Valid driver’s license and ability to transport teams in rental cars.
• Ability to self-motivate and multi-task while working on various projects
Significant Work-related Travel required (approximately 25-35% of time)
Classification: Part-Time, Seasonal Position
Compensation: Hourly rate for each completed virtual and on-site visit; depends upon experience.
How to Apply
Please complete the online application form and attach a cover letter and your resume.
Link to Online Job Application Form
Download Job Description
Click here to download the Job Description